- With a minimum loop current of 25mA the off-hook tip to ring DC resistance
(loop test mode) should be less than 200 ohms.
- The off-hook impedance between the tip and ring conductors measured
at 25mA min. and 80mA max. (35mA nominal) is 600 ohms ± 120 ohms
over the frequency range of 300Hz to 500Hz (loop test mode).
- DC resistance (idle) between tip and ring conductors is greater than
47K ohms for an applied voltage up to 100V, and greater than 25K ohms for
an applied voltage of up to 200V.
- For applied AC ring voltages of 40 - 150 V RMS superimposed on a DC
voltage of 56.5 V, the impedance between tip and ring shall be greater
than 1600 ohm and not exceed 60K ohm for frequencies between 15.3 Hz and
Ring Voltage Detection (General)
- The Tester responds to the following ring signal between tip and ring:
40 - 150 V RMS, 15.3 Hz to 68 Hz, superimposed on a DC voltage of + 50
V. The ring voltage indicators shall not respond significantly to AC signals
of less than 40 Vrms across tip and ring at any frequency from 5 to 1000
LED Display and User Controls
Unless otherwise specified all voltage and indicator levels are ±
10% of the nominal values specified.
Line selection in two line networks
- Line selection is performed by sliding the LINE 1/2 Switch to the appropriate
position. In the 1 position the inner Tip/Ring pair is tested; similarly,
in the 2 position the outer Tip/Ring pair are used. All test functions
perform normally in either position.
On-Hook DC Voltage Polarity
- Depressing the POLARITY switch enables the POLARITY LEDs for indicating
a correct polarity in Green or reverse polarity in Red.
On-Hook DC Voltage Level
- Depressing the POLARITY switch employs the VOLTAGE LINE / RING LED
display to detect the on-hook DC tip-ring voltage. The LEDs illuminate
as: lower Red LED for VDC< 42V, the middle Green LED for 42V< VDC
< 56.5V, and the upper Yellow LED for VDC> 56.5V.
On-Hook AC Voltage Ring Level
- In standby mode (no switches depressed), the VOLTAGE LINE / RING LED
display is used to detect the on-hook AC tip-ring voltage. The LEDs illuminate
in a strobing and analog manner as: lower Red LED for VAC< 80Vrms, the
middle Green LED lights for 80Vrms< VAC < 110Vrms, and the upper
Yellow LED lights for VAC >110 Vrms (VDC= -50 V DC).
Off-Hook Loop Current
- Depressing the LOOP TEST switch enables the LOOP
TEST LED for indicating whether sufficient loop current is detected in the
Off-Hook state. (Depressing both the LOOP TEST and POLARITY switches will
not damage the Unit, but instead place the Tester in the off-hook/ answer
state, see section 3.6). Manual Line Answer Off-Hook State
- Depressing the LOOP TEST switch enables the LOOP TEST LED and places
the unit in the Off-Hook state
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS
- The BT-10 continues to operate after 18 random drops from a height
of 5 feet.
- The BT-10 must continue to meet specifications after a ten minute application
of 150V AC max. (60 Hz, 2 seconds on - 4 seconds off - duty cycle) superimposed
on ±75V DC max. across tip and ring in the On-Hook state (stand-by).
TOP OF PAGE
Copyright © 1996-2005 Faunus, Inc.; All rights reserved. These pages are protected by United States and International copyright laws. Copying or distribution by any means is strictly prohibited. Last revised 8/16/2005.